Monday, April 15, 2013

Using QR Codes to Show-off Student Work

I am currently on round three of my Mastery Level lesson plans with my students!  (If you don't remember - check it out here).

So far here is the significant data conclusions I have formed
  1. 40% of my 105 students improved their average test scores!
  2. My number of POIs (<70%) decreased by 7%
  3. My average test score remained relatively the same
  4. My chronic POIers still got a POI, but their scores were significantly improved! 
Overall, I love how effective it has been.  My lower kids love that they get to work at their own pace and take their time and my upper level kids love that they get to work faster and have more freedom.  

I have learned to relinquish control! Any one who knows me, knows that I am an uber control freak!  Well, this lesson design forces the kiddos to become the leaders, teachers, students and creators. 

 One of my favorite parts have been the creative assignments my kids have done to showcase their knowledge over the concepts in the units.  They have had the options of making cartoons, blogs, raps, and write-ups over phenomenon or interviews they conducted.  In the grading process, I was able to appreciate and rave about their work....but I wanted to share it with their classmates as well....this is where the QR Codes came into play since the majority of student work was linked with the Internet.  So here is what I did: 
  • I created a word document that had the name of the students and what they made as seen here
  • I copied the URL of their blog/cartoon/paper into the QR Code generator found here
  • I then copied/pasted the QR Code into the word document....space it right....print....make a bulletan board and voila!!!! I now have a way to show off the upper level work that the kids put so much work into! 

If you have a separate mobile device that you can scan the codes with, take a look at their work!  I'm proud of all their hard work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment